Monday, August 24, 2009

How to recover from a cold: Easy Steps!

Posted by Kay at 10:19 PM

Hey everyone! I'm back! Some of you might have been wondering where I've been lately- at home sick! I think I caught a cold after going to the pool late at night. I had a high fever, sore throat, stuffy nose, and whooping cough! But thank goodness I'm doing better now! I will be posting more throughout the week ;) I've decided to give you guys some tips on how to recover from a cold quickly and easily!

Credits: “Frederic Patenaude, is the author of the best-selling e-book "The Raw Secrets"


Sleep It Off



The main problem people have when they get a cold is that it interferes with their already busy life. How are you supposed to work if you feel really bummed? So you take drugs or even just herbal medicines to alleviate the symptoms, and you continue working like crazing, staying up late, going out, eating out, and never giving your body the chance to heal!


When you get a cold, you should do this opposite. Think to yourself, “Great! A cold! That's my opportunity to catch up on the rest I desperately need, and my chance to let my body heal itself!”

What you'll need to do is start spending long hours in bed. Rest as much as possible. Cancel those appointments that are not urgent, those nights out, and other activities. Stop your exercise program for a few days, and rest as much as possible.

If that's not possible, at least take it really easy, and go to bed super-early. Give your body a chance to heal and it will do an amazing job at it, I promise.

Eat Properly

95% of people I've met still think that there's some kind of food they should eat that could “increase their immunity” or “boost their metabolism” and help them “fight” the cold better.

They still haven't realized that the common cold isn't something that should be fought or stopped!

Here is however a few recommendations that will definitely help you recover from a cold in the shortest time possible.

  • Eat only fruits and vegetables. Those are the easiest foods to digest. Avoid protein foods or fat, or starch.
  • Drink plenty of warm water.
  • Eat a very simple diet. Smoothies, fresh juices, raw fruits in vegetables. No cooked foods except at the most, steamed vegetables.
  • Eat according to hunger and if not hungry skip a few meals. There's no harm and only good in doing that.


Eating a simple raw food diet when you have a cold will help you recover in the shortest time possible, without doing any harm to the body.

Combine that with plenty of rest, and you'll have a winning formula to getting rid of that nasty cold.

By learning proper nutrition habits, you'll also make sure that you stay healthy all the time and never have to go through that again!

2 comments on "How to recover from a cold: Easy Steps!"

vision2eyes@gmail.com on August 25, 2009 at 2:36 PM said...

great blog keep up the good work

scribbler on November 7, 2009 at 12:24 PM said...

This is a very interesting blog I had fun reading it. I will surely come back.

Post a Comment

 

Your Body and Health Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Blogger Styles Image by Tadpole's Notez